Since its founding in 1983, Five Star Electric (FSE) has grown from a small motor distributor to become a dominant leader in the application of low and medium voltage systems involving variable speed drives, reduced voltage solid state starters, switchgear, power transformers, DCS / PLC systems, motor control panels and integrated power control rooms. FSE has earned a strong reputation in the industry for providing well engineered, reliable and cost effective control systems and service.
Although many in the industry have come to know Five Star through our expertise with low and medium voltage drives, FSE also provides a wide range of products, services and systems related to power distribution and power quality for the oil and gas, HVAC, aggregate and municipal industries.
We design our products for durability and we test them rigorously to ensure the highest degree of reliability. Parts and materials are selected, inspected and tracked per ISO 9001 procedures and processes to ensure the timely and accurate processing of every order.
To be the leading Texas Based Company providing world-class process, energy saving and alternative energy solutions and services to customers by representing and integrating the most technologically advanced electrical power conversion, power distribution, motors and automation products and services.
- INTEGRITY – Always seek to do the right thing for our business and our customers. Always show respect for, and compliance with, all laws of our country and others in which we do business.
- LOYALTY – Do what it takes to get the job done while looking out for the interests of our customers, each other and our business. Loyalty is never morally neutral.
- PERFORMANCE – A promise made is a promise kept. Deliver results and demonstrate the capacity for sustained high performance. Earn the trust of our customers by keeping commitments and delivering products on time.
- POTENTIAL – Show a sincere effort toward continuous improvement in everything that is done. Be aware of the true level of competence and show the ability and desire to improve job, skills and the way business is done.
Five Star Electric is committed to providing the highest level of quality in all products, services and customer interactions in order to deliver above and beyond customer satisfaction in every experience. Quality is providing our external and internal customers with innovative solutions, products and services that exceed their requirements.
Quality is the job of every Five Star Electric team member.
Five Star Electric is committed to continuous improvement in all areas of our business through programs and a culture that empowers each employee to have the authority to “do the right thing” for our external customers and partners and for our own team. Our team members value their responsibility and authority to create a mutually beneficial working environment.
Five Star Electric is committed to improving the quality of life for all of its team members through improved work practices, culture and environment.
Although Five Star Electric (FSE) has been doing business in Texas and surrounding areas for over 35 years, we wanted to clarify our identity with a new logo representing FSE as the strong US based company it has always been, while recognizing our global efforts and reach. When creating our new logo we wanted to keep a part of the past but incorporate the present and where we will be in the future.
Additionally, we wanted to include colors which symbolize our longstanding commitment to alternative energy saving products as well as the steps we have taken internally integrating the company’s “Going Green” campaign. The Star in Motion represents our continuous efforts to move forward in the field of rotating equipment through dedication and advanced innovative technology, thus ensuring our clients have the very best solutions available to them. Finally, our new tag line epitomizes our drive for everyday business. We are “Powered by Innovation”.
- ISO 9001-Is a quality management system (QMS) standard that requires an organization to meet its own requirements and those of its customers and regulators
- UL 508A-Industrial control panels are covered by the requirements in the Standard for Industrial Control Panels.
- UL 698A- Industrial Control Panels Relating to Hazardous (Classified) Locations
- UL 1203- Explosion-Proof and Dust-Ignition-Proof Electrical Equipment for Use in Hazardous (Classified) Locations
- NFPA 496- a guideline published by the NFPA that among other things describes the application of positive pressure with dry air or nitrogen to convert the interior of a motor to a non-hazardous area
“For over a decade Five Star Electric has utilized a proven methodology to deliver products based on custom design solutions that uniquely solve intermediate to highly complex customer challenges in record speed. To continually achieve this, Five Star deploys critical evaluation and assessment tools early in the process to best determine potential solutions. Customer consultations are emphasized to discuss and gain agreement on the path forward. The most advanced and results oriented technologies are incorporated into the process and all organizational resources are simultaneously allocated. The results are a highly accelerated execution cycle throughout product selection, design, build and delivery. Internally we call this our FASTRAX program, and now we openly share FASTRAX with our customers.”
– James Cullinan, President of Five Star Electric